Well, once again it’s a hot summer here in Phoenix, Arizona! This refreshing soup will help you fight the heat. As we already know, beets recently made a superfood title. It’s one of the great vegetables packed with a spectacular source of vitamins and minerals. Let’s eat more beets!
- 5 medium Fresh cooked peeled beets 1/2 grated, 1/2 small diced
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups Beet cooking liquid
- 1 English cucumber 1/2 grated - 1/2 small diced
- 1 cup Julienned radishes
- 1 Jalapeno, small diced, seeds removed
- 3 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Chopped scallions
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp White vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beets in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until tender about 50 minutes. Remove the beets to a bowl and set aside.
- Drain the beet liquid through a fine sieve and cool. Small dice half of the cooked beets and grate the other half of the beets.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups of the beet cooking liquid, the chicken stock, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add beets, cucumber, radishes, scallions, garlic, dill, jalapenos, to the soup.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Serve it cold with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with fresh dill. Enjoy!